Artists Open Call: Youth Exhibition
The Future vs. 45
Friday, March 31, 2017 - Sunday, April 30, 2017
One of the most powerful ways in which our communities have been resisting the new administration has been through protest and mobilization. The youth of this nation have led many of these events, especially in the Bay Area and it is in this spirit that we offer our next exhibition as a call out to them. We are seeking works from artists ages 14-21 across the U.S. who are bringing awareness to issues happening in their communities. We welcome work that explores misconceptions tied to people of color, the school to prison pipeline, everyday harassment of LGBTQIA youth, family separations and deportations, and reinforcements of oppression throughout our institutions, education system, and at home.
ARTISTS ELIGIBILITY | GUIDELINES:
- Artists must reside in the U.S.
- Ages 14-21
- We strongly encourage submissions from: gender-nonconforming artists, LGBTQIA artists, artists of color, womxn artists and art collaborators to apply
- Submit 1 to 3 (max) works; all mediums are welcome. The number of pieces that will be accepted will be determined by space capacity and number of submissions received.
- Provide JPG/PDF images OR video (max 5 mins) of work submitted for consideration. Please list the title, date, size and medium of each piece.
- In your submission, include a short bio (no more than 150 words). Tell us who you are, where you are from, your background, etc.
- Narrative (no more than 250 words): Tell us why you want to be a part of this exhibition and how your work aligns with the topic
- If chosen, the work must be delivered/mailed to Galeria de la Raza and be picked up by the artist/guardian/educator.
TO APPLY | ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS:
- Youth Artists Call Out Announced: April 1st, 2017
- Deadline to Apply: April 30th, 11:59pm (PST)
- Selection Announced: May 6th (PST)
- Delivery of Work: May 11th by 5pm (PST)
- Exhibition Dates: May 27th - June 30th
- Exhibition Reception: June 3rd, 3pm - 5pm (PST)